- This event has passed.
Purple Day 2019
March 26, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
March 26th will mark Purple Day. What are you going to do for Purple Day? Have you registered on our Purple Day Website (www.purpleday.org)? Do you know someone who has gone over and above promoting epilepsy awareness? Attends or sets up fundraisers in the Maritimes? Then you can nominate yourself or someone you know for the Cassidy Megan award!
CASSIDY MEGAN AWARD
You can nominate yourself or someone you know for this award. Deserving candidates for this award require the following criteria:
- Is responsible for promoting epilepsy awareness in their school, workplace or community. Must be able to give two examples (ie, education requests, promoting epilepsy awareness events such as the Purple Hike for Epilepsy) and must have given at least 30 hours promoting epilepsy awareness over the course of a year.
- Must be actively involved in promoting Purple Day in their school, workplace and or community. Must be able to give at least one example of an event or action, with a photo and a small write up of the outcomes (where, when and how many attended).
- Explain why epilepsy awareness is important to the you or the nominee
- BONUS: Attended epilepsy awareness and fundraising initiatives put in place by the Epilepsy Association of Nova Scotia. Must include a small write up and any photos.
- A completed application form available through email (email@example.com) or mail phone 902-429-2633
- Must be received in the office no later than 5:00 pm January 31, 2019
The winner is awarded a beautiful crystal award, entitled the Cassidy Megan Award to honour Cassidy Megan’s vision to promote epilepsy awareness around the world. This award is presented at our annual Purple Day Gala, our most significant event that is the opener for Epilepsy Awareness month.